The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a Diablo 4! Are you a skilled Senior or Lead Software Engineer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
- Responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as game and tools builds, continuous integration, performance, stability, build verification, etc.
- You will not only will inspire the Automation team to meet all established goals and requirements but also become a force multiplier for the rest of the development team
- Collaborate with multiple teams to create and manage various test environments and build farms from tens of cores to thousands of them
- Help improve test coverage through the design and implementation of automated testing processes.
- Work side by side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk areas.
- You are going to work with production staff and other leads of the Diablo team to prioritize tasks and track development.
- Ensure that your team adheres to established coding standards, development philosophies, and maintains efficient coding practices.
- Evaluate and mentor members of the Automation engineering team.
- Serve as an active partner within the larger Diablo team leadership group.
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams within Blizzard, build relationships and lead implementation of shared initiatives.
- You currently hold a senior software engineer position or higher
- Strong programming skills in C# and C++, as well as proficient using at least one other interpreted language (Groovy, Python, Perl, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years' programming experience with at least one shipped video game
- Need to have leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for automation, validation, verification and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Real passion for video games
- Experience with SQL databases
- Previous Experience with Jenkins
- Experience integrating version control systems
- Expertise in Windows and Linux environments.
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like Python or Java.
- Previous experience automating video game console
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!