Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Program Manager to join our Corporate Applications team. The individual in this role will lead key strategic initiatives and will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of products and/or programs including concept inception, delivery, and adoption. This position will interface closely with executives, business stakeholders, product designers and software engineers to deliver innovative solutions for Blizzard.
- Define the product strategy and road map for assigned Blizzard corporate applications
- Successfully deliver on highly visible projects of strategic importance to the organization
- Lead the software development life cycle and drive the technology team on all aspects of delivery, performing in a program manager, product owner, and project management capacity
- Serve as day-to-day product owner on project teams (Agile) and operational teams
- Perform all project management activities from project discovery through post-implementation efforts, including definition and management of milestones, requirements, work plan, resources, vendors, budget, scope, issues and risks, change, and stakeholders
- Develop status reporting and communicate effectively and proactively to all levels of the organization regarding status, schedules, risks, issues, etc.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks or issues that might impede assigned projects, and develop mitigation plans or solutions to resolve
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key executives, senior leaders, stakeholders, and team resources throughout the Blizzard organization to achieve project objectives and deliverables
- Launch products, lead organizational readiness activities, and partner with stakeholders to drive adoption
- Identify, develop, and implement continuous process improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Corporate Applications team
- Mentor and coach more junior Program Managers within the Corporate Applications team
- Create a team environment that encourages collaboration, ongoing feedback, and participation throughout the Corporate Applications team
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a program manager, product manager, or project manager managing software development projects
- Proven experience leading large-scale, cross-organizational, complex enterprise application programs or projects utilizing internal and vendor resources
- Prior experience as a scrum master
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills; comfortable presenting and communicating to large groups and across all levels of the organization in an effective, situationally appropriate, clear, and high quality manner
- Ability to work independently and deliver results with little supervision
- Self-motivated with strong initiative, ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to lead and influence without explicit authority
- Problem solver
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize product and feature requests across the entire product portfolio, and to prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with vendor and contract management process
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing others
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with media and entertainment stakeholders
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools like Jira and Confluence
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Big 4 management consulting experience
- Experience leading third party software deployments
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.