We are looking for a talented 2d concept artist, who is excited to imagine environments in service of creating amazing experiences for our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you! Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
Our ideal Environment Concept Artist uniquely straddles the line between traditional “concept” work and finished “illustration” work which is higher quality and polished pieces of artwork that make it into the final game and are seen by our players. If you enjoy both taking assets to shippable quality as well as forging fun new ideas, this job is for you!
- Design characters and locations
- Paint 2d environment and prop assets
- Collaborate with designers and artists to come up with new visual concepts
- Implement artwork into the game client using Unity3d and Perforce
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- 5+ years creating environment concept artwork for animation, film or video games
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and using them to create game assets
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically
- The ability to work well within a highly collaborative team of passionate developers
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Foundation in traditional arts including painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Passion for creating epic and awesome environments
- Previous game production experience
- Ability to 3D model
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.