Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making Hearthstone the best product it can be on all our supported clients. In this role, you will eagerly take on the challenges of introducing DevOps practices to an existing live game. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Lead a small team of engineers to design, build, test, and deliver automation, tooling, and CI/CD pipelines that provide a smooth experience for developers to contribute source code, build artifacts, manage branches, and deploy internal tools and game components
- Collaborate with Tools, Client, Automation, QA and LiveOps engineers to improve the overall SDLC of Hearthstone
- Increase build cadence and quality while driving reliability improvements to the build process by working with Tools, Client, Automation, QA, LiveOps engineers
- Design, build, and distribute tools to improve game quality (reliability and performance) through crash monitoring, performance analysis, etc.
- Help make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and test the game, especially on mobile platforms
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Chef and Kubernetes
- Experience with VMs and container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce, Git, or SVN
- Strong, proven programming skills in C# and Python
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level
- Avid Hearthstone player
- iOS or Android development experience
- Previous experience shipping game titles
- Experience with Unity 2018.x or newer
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience supporting a live service
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.