The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
- Utilize advanced testing methodologies to deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure strategies
- Analyze & monitor the software development processes and methods used to ensure quality
- Ensure requirements and risks are continually either mitigated or accepted throughout the SDLC
- Enhance live operations and deployment stability, across both internal and production environments
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Propose and influence new measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; utilizing established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test-related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate of the user experience through the delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, Unity, Unreal, as well as other proprietary game development toolsets
- Be an expert in one or more software testing methodologies
- Practical knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, & SQLServer
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Passion for games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL) or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 email@example.com으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.