Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist, illustrator, and leader to join our team in creating epic artwork for Blizzard Entertainment’s award winning cinematic films, key art, unannounced projects, publishing material and more. Your goal is to bring to life Blizzard Entertainment’s unique worlds by creating artwork within the wide range of styles represented across the company.
As a Senior Visual Development Artist, you may also help to oversee cinematic content for our illustrated 2.5D cinematics. The ideal candidate has both extensive experience creating digital illustration and proven leadership skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required as the role includes the direction of a team of artists to create images for our 2.5D cinematics. A solid grasp of foundational art skills, color theory, human and creature anatomy, and design theory are essential. The artist must have expert command of Photoshop or an equivalent painting program. The perfect candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about creating exceptional art, takes constructive criticism well, and can hit deadlines.
- Create character and environment concepts, color scripts, color keys, lighting studies, moodpaintings and production illustrations for our animated shorts and cinematics in the Overwatch,Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm universes and future projects and developments.
- Create highly polished key-art and promotional illustrations for our animated shorts and games to inform and generate excitement for new content and expansions.
- Create promotional artwork for marketing, advertising and events like BlizzCon and GamesCon.
- Work with artists, art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the company.
- Work with the producer to organize work and set deadlines and expectations for artists
- Work with a team of artists to achieve the necessary final image quality
- Provide feedback throughout the illustration phase to maintain artistic vision and ensure timely deliveries
- Partner with the motion story team to ensure the final deliverable maintains artistic vision
- Create or oversee the creation of a color script for each cinematic
- Experience creating digital art in a professional environment
- Strong foundational skills including anatomy, color theory, composition, etc.
- Understanding of the distinctive visual style of Hearthstone and a passion for the franchise
- Experience working with producers and directors on unique and cohesive visuals
- Able to understand and lead a team to address requests for revisions
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative problem solving abilities and a passion for leading teams
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes
- Ability to create high profile illustrations for a variety of purposes including but not limited to key art, magazine covers, marketing and promotional materials
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to a Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Breakdown of the work on your reel
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Job Status: Full-time Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 firstname.lastname@example.org으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.