Internship Term: 2020
MBA SUMMER ASSOCIATE - BUSINESS & GAMEPLAY INSIGHTS
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
QUEST OBJECTIVESBlizzard’s Global Insights team is seeking an MBA Business and Gameplay Insights intern to join the team for summer 2019. The intern will inform critical business decisions through in-depth analysis of gameplay, business, and operational data, for example, helping to create and define performance benchmarks, develop ROI models to measure financial impact of key initiatives, and monitor the competitive landscape to identify external factors affecting business trends. The ideal candidate is ready to make an immediate, meaningful impact with data. MBA internships are intended for graduate-level business students who are passionate about the gaming industry and ready to contribute in their given field. In most cases, projects will be determined based on the strengths and interest areas of the selected candidate.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA or other Master's-level business degree
- A thirst to drink from the fire hose of data and the desire to make sense of it
- Able to effectively meld business sense with a player-centric mindset
- A passion for gaming and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience concisely communicating complex ideas and analyses to executive-level audiences
- Expertise with Excel pivot tables
- Comfort with the practical application of statistical models and processes
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and a strong communicator
- Majoring or taking extensive coursework in a related field (business intelligence, analytics, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and Python, or other programming languages
- Experience with enterprise data visualization software (i.e. Tableau)
- Experience working in gaming, digital, or entertainment industries
- Experience working in scientific research fields
- Serious player of Blizzard games (e.g. a max-level World of Warcraft character, a Diablo 3 character farming a high Torment, has finished a 12-win Hearthstone arena run, etc.)
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than January 10, 2020.
Blizzard Entertainment è un'azienda che attua una politica di pari opportunità. Tutti i candidati qualificati verranno considerati per l'impiego senza distinzione di razza, colore, religione, sesso, orientamento sessuale, identità di genere, espressione di genere, provenienza o qualunque altro status speciale previsto dalla legge, e non saranno discriminati in base a una qualsivoglia disabilità.
Richieste di alloggio: siamo impegnati nel fornire ragionevole assistenza agli individui con disabilità fisiche e mentali. Se ricadi in queste categorie e necessiti di un alloggio per candidarti a una posizione aperta, invia la tua richiesta via e-mail a firstname.lastname@example.org. Richieste di impiego generiche non possono essere accettate né elaborate in questa sede. Grazie per l'interesse dimostrato.
Nota per i reclutatori e le agenzie di collocamento: non accettiamo curricula non richiesti inviati da tali agenzie. Vi preghiamo di non inviare curricula di agenzia sul nostro sito o ai nostri impiegati. Non pagheremo tariffe a nessuna agenzia terza, reclutatore o azienda salvo in caso di contratti mutualmente sottoscritti, e non sarà responsabile per qualsiasi tariffa di agenzia associata a curricula non richiesti. I curricula non richiesti saranno comunque considerati proprietà di Blizzard Entertainment e saranno trattati di conseguenza.