Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Technical Director to oversee development of a new mobile game. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development. Each member of our team of veteran developers will have the chance to have a big impact on the overall design, artistic vision, and technology of a new Blizzard game.
You are an accomplished engineer that enjoys collaborating closely with the engineering leads to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms. You enjoy collaborating with art, design, and production to understand the artistic vision for a game and identify the technology needed to realize and surpass that vision. You will inspire and guide some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the industry as your team builds that technology together.
- Manage a diverse team of engineers
- Individually contribute to and lead the development of sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems
- Collaborate with designers, producers, artists, and the sound team to realize and surpass our vision of the game
- Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping client and server
- Support art and gameplay features and build sustainable workflows
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical & design choices, and solve for the best player experience
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements across multiple disciplines of programming and technology
- Review and approve completed engineering tasks in collaboration with the production staff and other leads
- Ensure and establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Evaluate and mentor all programmers on the team
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency, and fostering a positive work environment
- Serve as an active partner in driving the company’s technological vision
- Perform research to acquire the knowledge necessary to complete assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of current and future products
- Interface with the executives and team leads to ensure that all technology interests and policies are properly represented and maintained throughout the course of development, and that future technology is on track and in development for future products
- Collaborate with other technical leadership within the organization to ensure that team direction is in sync with the organization's goals, and that research and development is consistent to avoid redundancies
- Maintain familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment’s current game and system designs as well as with the emerging technologies across the game industry across multiple genres.
- A strong leader, mentor, and coach, with excellent communication skills
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a client/server codebase from the beginning all the way through to production
- Experience with Unity/off-the-shelf engines as well as native/custom engines
- Familiarity with mobile development best practices
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- Fluent in C# and C++
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- Experience building and supporting on a live client/server network game
- A passion for Blizzard games.
- Experience shipping mobile games
- A passion for mobile games
- Deep experience in other areas of game development (e.g., UI, rendering, server technology, tools, etc.)
- Previous experience as a technical director on a shipping/live game.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Autres offres d’emploi dans : Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment offre les mêmes chances à tous ses employés, indépendamment de leur couleur, religion, sexe, identité sexuelle, orientation sexuelle, nationalité, handicap ou tout autre critère discriminatoire pénalement répréhensible.
Demande relative à l’accessibilité : nous avons à cœur d’accueillir des personnes en situation de handicap physique et mental au sein de notre entreprise, tout en veillant à leur fournir une aide suffisante. Si tel est votre cas et que vous souhaitez effectuer une demande relative à l’accessibilité en vue de postuler pour une offre d’emploi, veuillez envoyer un message à l’adresse email@example.com. Veuillez noter que nous ne serons pas en mesure d’accepter ou de traiter les questions d’ordre général au sujet de l’emploi envoyées à cette adresse. Merci de l’intérêt que vous portez à notre entreprise.
Remarque destinée aux cabinets et agences de recrutement : nous n’acceptons pas de CV non sollicités, il est inutile de nous les faire suivre. Nous ne paierons pas non plus d’agence tierce, de recruteurs ni de firmes sans avoir au préalable signé un contrat, et déclinons toute responsabilité quant aux sommes éventuellement réclamées pour la réception de CV non sollicités. Ces derniers seront considérés comme notre propriété et seront traités en conséquence.