The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day.
The Classic Games team helps take some of Blizzard’s most iconic games to the next level. As part of this team, you will work to create, improve, and simplify the testing process used in developing, building, and delivering Blizzard’s classics. If you thrive in an agile environment and have the desire to constantly improve quality and efficiency, we’d love for you to help us navigate toward a smarter, more efficient future for our classic games.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Analyze and understand design and source code to establish test hooks and API testing
- Design, implement, modify and utilize test harnesses, automated solutions and tests
- Create and deliver metrics on quality and risk analysis to business partners
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence software quality
- Transfer knowledge gained through analysis and technical partners with QA teams
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to other SDETS on and off the team
- 5+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Developer or similar QA Focused role
- 4+ years coding in a professional environment
- Fluency in multiple programming languages. (C++, C#, python, etc.)
- Practical experience testing/exercising RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Passion for video games and commitment to quality and sustainable software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Experience testing on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, console, and mobile
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies
- Development of HTTP-Based APIs
- Experience with database platforms and concepts (SQL, NoSQL, ACID, CAP)
- Experience with game software testing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!
Otros trabajos en Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.