The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
Are you passionate about video games, scalable web app design, and building high performance web APIs?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking talented and enthusiastic software engineers to join their Battle.net team, developing and maintaining the world's most important gaming web sites, apps and services.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about technology, the web, video games, and have a desire to work in a creative, challenging, and rewarding environment.
The associate role will be heavily involved in test development; coding automated unit and integration tests in Java.Responsibilities
- Work with engineering teams to determine test requirements
- Writing tests for APIs and/or webapps
- Software development in Java
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training, and professional experience
- Strong working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience building web applications and/or web APIs
- Good programming skills, including experience with Java, and application development for the web
- Good analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Good understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTML / XHTML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
- Knowledge of scalable, reliable, maintainable, testable, secure architectures
- Knowledge of Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat technologies
- Experience coding unit tests and/or using test frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.