Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Animator to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of animated shorts that can work on a contract/temp basis. The cinematic Animator Temp will be skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. You have a strong foundation in animation principles, the ability to reinforce the story by creating memorable performances, and have aptitude working in a variety of animation styles.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A demo reel, demonstrating excellent 3D animation skills
- Passion for film, animation and video games
- An animation test is required (Acting or Action - ask for details)
- Able to effectively collaborate with other artists, producers, and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Assist in supporting and evolving the cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Film making skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance
Required Application Materials:
- Resume PDF Preferred
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.