Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Senior or Principal Designer with experience in developing weapons, abilities, and gameplay systems in action or first-person shooter games. As a Senior or Principal Designer, you’ll work with numerous departments to shape the core gameplay experience for this unannounced project by defining the abilities, powers, and weapons our players will use.
The ideal candidate will design and implement great game experiences while helping to foster a creative and energetic environment. You have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, and extensive knowledge and passion for competitive first-person shooter games.
- Work with team leadership to design units, weapons, and abilities
- Implement units, weapons, and abilities using a proprietary design tool
- Work with team leadership to set direction for game modes, level design, and game systems
- Grow and mentor other designers
- Work closely with the art, level design, and engineering teams to ensure the highest quality player experience
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement
- A minimum of five years of experience in the video game industry
- Designed, developed, and shipped major game systems in a AAA game
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for abilities and weapons, from concept to completion
- Technical experience building gameplay experiences using game tools
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and creating PvP game experiences
- Prior experience as a lead
- Experience with current competitive action or shooter games
- Experience with technical design tools
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working on an unannounced game at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.