Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional Senior Quest Designer for Diablo Immortal. The ideal candidate will collaborate with the Lead Quest Designer to ensure that individual quests become the building blocks to tell a greater story. The perfect candidate has experience with quest design, documentation, implementation, interactive storytelling techniques, questing systems, and mobile best practices.
· Meticulously craft delightful quests and stories, including conception, presentation, implementation, and iteration.
· Review and provide detailed feedback on quests implemented by other designers.
· Evaluate and critique environment designs, level design, creature spawning, creature abilities, NPC spawning and actions, and level flow.
· Collaborate and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners.
· Help formulate and evangelize storytelling philosophies and techniques on mobile.
· Write high-quality storylines with interesting characters, text, and dialogue.
· Experience world building and writing for games.
· Experience with quest design and implementation.
· Passion for playing and making video games.
· Clear, effective communication with a wide variety of designers, artists, and engineers.
· A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
· Ability to take initiative and self-manage.
· Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a design role with at least one shipped product.
· Extensive knowledge of Diablo lore, tone, characters and quests
· Published titles demonstrating excellent design ability
· Previous experience designing for mobile devices
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
· Cover letter, including:
· What games you are currently playing
· Your experience with PC and mobile game design
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve
worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.