Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate producer to work on our exciting unannounced project. As a Producer, you will act as a champion for the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and work in a fast paced, highly iterative environment. As a producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the various phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the team’s collective creativity to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working on game teams during different aspects of the product lifecycle such as prototyping, preproduction, production, beta, and release. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how, you will empower our teams to bring to life an exciting new project at Blizzard.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development
- Partner with engineering, design, and art to scope and prioritize features, identify and resolve dependencies, and shepherd forward progress and uphold accountability
- Partner with technical personnel to plan and drive game engine development
- Act as a communication bridge between feature pods, ensuring the production of a unified game experience with complimentary features and Blizzard quality polish
- Create project roadmaps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones
- Partner with team leads to define and drive new development processes, refine existing processes, and enable the team to work smarter as the team size scales over time
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish
- Evangelize game and feature vision internally within team and externally with partner stakeholders
- Lead weekly team meetings, milestone planning sessions, build reviews, playtests, brainstorms, feature kickoffs, and retrospectives
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable
- Serve as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values; "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, game development methodologies, and emergent engine technology
- 5+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in production roles or 10+ years of experience product, program, or project managing technical projects
- Can champion and manage projects with multiple departmental dependencies towards completion in a timely manner
- Strong technical production aptitude and experience working with technical personnel
- Experience driving cross-team projects and collaborating with cross-team personnel
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and production processes; mastery of project management frameworks
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- A deep passion for and knowledge of Blizzard's creative and game development process
- Willingness and experience mentoring and directly managing others
- A force for good; always acting in the team and game's best interest
- Ability to flex leadership style to fit team needs
- Large scale facilitation training and experience
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from low-level engine development through high-level IP development
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.