Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced production manager with a proven track record of producing live broadcasts at world class levels. The ideal candidate will oversee all process regarding timeline, cost control, logistics, productivity and compliance for different media projects, and also must be a master in the execution of complex, highly engaging live event and sports coverage for a global audience. A proven track record of contributing ideas that help create successful broadcast events, anticipating business needs and implementing solutions across the organization. This person must have experience working with teams located locally or globally and must be able to produce epic experiences for our fans and players while still working within budget and time constraints. You have to be ready to bring your production savvy and adaptability to the changing goals and objectives of the fast-paced esports industry while also being highly organized, extremely detail-oriented and adept at operating in high stress environments like live TV.
- Plan, budget, produce and manage execution of all broadcast production efforts for Blizzard Esports including live events, weekly shows, etc.
- Manage, monitor and track the daily budgetary oversight for department components including staffing, and all logistical operations.
- Maintain production/AV/Tech crew rosters, and book crew for Production events
- Ensure proper daily communications between the staff, crew and production management.
- Identify areas for budget risks and opportunities.
- Maintain budgets and schedules for pre-production, production, and post production ensuring proper resources and all contingencies are planned for.
- Work with the Content Production Team for project scheduling.
- Oversee the workflow of invoicing/expensing process from initial receipt of invoice/expenses to budget actualization.
- Identify the legal documents related to local/remote shoots, third party production companies, specialized voice over, talent services etc.
- Ensure proper rights and clearances to music and footage used in all original content.
- Oversee the execution of day to day operations and upkeep for developed esports broadcast programs.
- Responsible for identifying services providers as well as hiring and managing contractors as necessary.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership, act as creative force and idea machine behind planned events in order to always deliver a world class experience for our community.
- Bachelor’s degree in media production or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing live event coverage in a broadcast or streaming environment.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical and logistical aspects of broadcasting content and live event production.
- Understanding of studio broadcast facilities, related technologies and equipment.
- Strategic thinker with a strong vision of how to shape broadcast and streaming events.
- Prior event, and / or tournament production, organization, and budgeting experience.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills; superior communication skills.
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and businesspeople.
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
- Available for extensive travel, including international travel.
- Active participant or robust knowledge of the Blizzard esports communities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Blizzard Games and Esports.
- Familiarity with the technical requirements for streaming live events.
- Multi or bilingual
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- What interests you most about working in Esports
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.