Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst to join its ranks in Cork, Ireland. This role is part of a 24x7x365 global operations team which partners closely with other operational departments. The team leverages a ‘follow the sun’ support model with typical shifts occurring during normal business hours per region. The ideal candidate will have prior security operations experience, familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure, and knowledge of security best practices. This is an excellent opportunity to merge your twin passions for gaming and security!
- Monitor Blizzard’s networks for potential security risks or anomalies
- Perform tier 1 security event analysis and triage while escalating major incidents to the tier 2 incident response team when necessary; lead incident response engagements for minor incidents
- Act as a scribe during security incidents; document incident response activities, coordinate internal communication, and assist with escalation procedures
- Provide customer support for security related customer issues; route security requests throughout the global security team or to other departments, as appropriate
- Create and tune security alerts in Blizzard’s SIEM
- Create and update SOC documentation, including runbooks and standard operating procedures
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports on security metrics
- Support local security awareness activities (e.g. new hire training, security bulletin distribution)
- Mentor junior SOC analysts; assist with workload balancing, issue resolution, and review their work for completeness and accuracy
- 3+ years of experience in a security operations role, or a mix of relevant security and IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with major operating systems and computer networking in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with network traffic analysis and packet capture tools
- Experience with all phases of a typical incident response process
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience with Splunk or other enterprise SIEM solutions
- Familiarity with digital forensic tools, disk and memory image acquisition
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Willingness to work different shifts, holidays, or weekends if required (standard shift is during normal business hours)
- Willingness to travel occasionally in support of Blizzard events
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Industry-recognized security certifications
- Familiarity with SOAR platforms and process automation
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and cloud monitoring strategies
- Real passion for video games and most importantly, protecting them!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering & Technology
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.