Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Software Engineer, Gameplay to design and architect compelling gameplay systems for an unannounced project. As a Sr. Software Engineer focused on gameplay, you will champion Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a small team of designers, engineers, and artists responsible for defining the core elements of this exciting new project.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on gameplay aspects of core combat in modern 1st/3rd person AAA titles. By blending your mastery of programming with a critical eye for design, you will help architect and implement an epic gameplay experience. Our incubation teams are fast paced and mission critical. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology, and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other gameplay engineers to design, prototype, and implement compelling gameplay experiences.
- Build and enhance underlying game systems that support correctness, performance, and flexibility.
- Own systems vertically from the backend to the player-facing UX.
- Prototype and integrate cutting-edge technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the team to design and build sustainable, fast, and maintainable technology.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Strong, proven programming skills in C++.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Ability to design and implement systems and APIs used by other programmers.
- Comfortable with extending and improving an established code base.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- A minimum of five years of experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with Blizzard games.
- Embedded or console development experience.
- Experience working on combat systems for 1st/3rd person AAA titles
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Experience with multiple game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.).
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Deep experience with Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.