Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
We’re seeking a senior analyst who will become an indispensable resource for multiple Blizzard games, with an emphasis on the Diablo and Hearthstone franchises. This position will be part of Blizzard’s Finance and Strategy team working in partnership with game development, publishing, and global insights to provide analysis and develop franchise strategy.
- Act as a financial and strategic planning resource for the Diablo and Hearthstone franchises
- Bring operational discipline to the Hearthstone and Diablo businesses through regular data-driven financial performance reviews with franchise leadership
- Build and maintain an integrated financial model that reflects the revenue and cost structure for the Diablo franchise to project the impact of product decisions, regional markets, and pricing on short and long-term performance
- Deliver insights and support business decision making related to the franchise
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to sustainably grow the franchise
- Lead franchise specific FP&A activities including weekly pacing, quarter close, quarterly forecasting as well as the annual budget cycle
- Support the Long Range Planning process including interfacing with the central strategy team, developing Blizzard-wide materials, and supporting the game teams as needed
- Ensure the development team has visibility of their budgets on a regular cadence and deliver standard financial reporting (pacing, close, forecast, etc.)
- Perform competitive analysis as needed for strategic planning
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, related areas or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in private equity, banking, consulting or finance in the games, technology or entertainment industries
- Collaborative problem solver who thrives as part of a high performing team
- Team player who is excited to pitch in and help
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders all over the world (including finance, business operations, publishing and development leaders)
- Structured and organized thinker; excellent written, verbal and PowerPoint communications
- Excellent quantitative skills, with the ability to build detailed models in Excel
- Top academic performance in an analytical discipline
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
- Demonstrated passion for games
- Experience with Hyperion planning tools
- Passion for ARPG or CCG games
Other jobs in Finance / Accounting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.