Blizzard is looking for a seasoned, player-centric community professional to develop and grow the Diablo community. The ideal candidate has a deep and intrinsic understanding of how communications, content, social media, dank memes, influencer relationships intersect with each other, and is adept at crafting community plans that cohesively bring all these elements together. They are a tireless advocate for the voice of the player, constantly seeking to build bridges, trust, and foster constructive dialogue with the community.
- Contribute to content strategy and player-facing communications, including active engagement on community channels and reactive messaging
- Create compelling product communications such as blogs, patch notes, social copy
- Develop and execute key community initiatives including contests, live events, content partnerships, and influencer/streamer programs
- Manage content calendars and milestones, delivering content to cross-functional and regional teams
- Drive content creator strategy, identifying potential new creators while supporting and building long-term relationships with existing partners
- Establishing player feedback loops with players and dev teams, providing meaningful reporting on community sentiment, concerns and suggestions
- Analyze and report on content and program performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization and innovation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience building communities, collaborating with partners, managing talent, and supporting live events in a related field or on major consumer brands
- Experience working on mobile games, and managing and growing mobile gaming communities
- History of exemplary product and brand communications and copywriting
- In-depth knowledge of current community and content distribution channels, and the role they play in community and publishing strategy
- Highly organized, proactive self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent content pipelines and programs
- Ability to think on your feet, multi-task like a champ, and think both strategically and creatively
- Experience working with 3rd party gaming communities and content creators
- Knows how to correctly use “hundo p” unironically
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint, Sprinklr, Wrike
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Video publishing and/or graphic design experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of written work and/or past community programs they are proud of
**Only submittals with the above three materials will be considered.
Other jobs in Community Development
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.