Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Story Artist Temp to assist the cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning cinematics! The story artist will not only function as a conventional storyboard artist but additionally will contribute collaboratively to both story and sequence development with the director.
- Receive written and verbal descriptions of a sequence from the Director.
- Draw storyboards that depict the action, camera placement, and acting of the characters in that sequence.
- Present the storyboards to the director and other members of the story team.
- Create new drawings to fix and change sequences throughout the production process.
- Create and pitch alternate story solutions to the director.
- Able to manage working on multiple projects at once.
- Able to create story ideas and options to story ideas
- Composition and presentation skills
- Able to present work in a clear and entertaining way
- Entertaining acting ideas
- Strong layout and design skills
- Strong, communicative draftsmanship
- Able to work quickly, when necessary
- Able to work collaboratively, create and then change gears
- Basic knowledge of film is required, including language, acting, and craft
- Basic Photoshop experience recommended, but not required
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation, Film-making, or other related course
- Knowledge and experience using editing software
- Previous experience as a storyboard artist in the game or movie industries
- Experience collaborating with a writing team
*Applications must include a reel/portfolio to review
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.