Within Blizzard is a one-of-a-kind creative agency that develops visionary marketing solutions for the world’s top selling games and esports experiences, including online, television and mobile advertising, packaging, outdoor, retail advertising and more.
We are looking for a Creative Director to help maintain and progress the brand’s creative vision across multiple initiatives, including Overwatch, Overwatch 2 and our global esports league, the Overwatch League. Our team is looking for someone that exhibits a passion for design and can articulate the brand’s objectives through high-quality visual content. The Creative Director seeks out opportunities to learn/grow/innovate, understands the value of process, maintains a high level of attention to detail and is ready to play an important role within our team.
Marketing and advertising are your trade and passion but games, movies, comics, sports and the stories that drive them are your life. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated designer and leader to help tell the story of our brands in an ever-changing media world.
- Provide high level guidance, iterative review and approval of Overwatch related materials in all franchise extensions – ranging from traditional marketing promotional material (both print and digital), to esports stage design and broadcast graphics, with additional components of web and mobile design
- Conceptualize and design for online ad campaigns while adhering to the visual quality of the brand
- Solve complex visual problems and turn them into beautifully clear designed solutions that reinforce the brand
- Lead day-to-day brand initiatives that include program logos, style guides, social media, static banner creation, community blog assets, presentations as well as help maintain asset support for our esports initiatives
- Partner with internal/external teams to analyze provided data, help collaborate/innovate design solutions for to achieve project goals.
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the Overwatch and Overwatch League brands while maintaining your personal design perspective
- Collaborate closely with game development team art leadership to create and iterate on style guides for franchise partners in web, mobile, marketing communications, and esports; ensure alignment as the franchise evolves visually and thematically
- Build strong relationships with support group partners (marketing communications, esports, web / mobile, events, broadcast, and consumer products), identify key creative leaders for partnership, and further shared creative values and goals
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish while keeping multiple stakeholders both in and out of the organization appropriately informed and engaged
- Facilitate communications, organization, and accountability across all departments and stakeholders to ensure high-level project goals are met and ensure consistency and quality of brand representation
- Work with creative services team to develop efficiencies within the workflow while developing Blizzard-quality creative assets
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design, Marketing, related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in creative advertising and/or marketing
- Experience managing and guiding creative employees effectively
- Demonstrated successes collaborating with across departments and with external agencies
- Detailed project management skills and ability to maintain strategic view of all work
- Enjoys the challenge of growing and managing a world class creative services team
- Proven ability to think globally and help steer regional success of Overwatch’s and Overwatch League’s marketing creative throughout the world
- Previous experience successfully managing creative people including designers and copy writers
- Thinks broadly about communication challenges while helping to focus the thinking of others around clear objectives
- Has a sincere passion for branding, advertising and story-telling as well as games, comics, movies and media
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills for working with internal and external teams
- Advanced degree in related field
- Strong layout and logo design skills
- Copywriting background and advanced skill
- Broadcast media art direction experience
- Consumer product design and packaging design experience
- Illustration abilities
- Cover Letter is required.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.