Do you enjoy building technology that empowers developers to create epic games? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. You'll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced tools programmer who is passionate about creating a fast, scalable, and modular asset pipeline and editing experience. Creating shared tools that work well for many different games across many different genres is an incredible challenge, requiring a solid understanding of a variety of development approaches. You'll be making an enormous impact on the organization, and empowering developers to make a variety of great games.
- Design and implement systems to manage content for all of Blizzard's future games
- Work with the game teams around the company to support desired workflows and tools
- Build APIs that other engineers use to extend and augment the asset pipeline
- Own the "full-stack" of the asset pipeline including storage, editing, transformation, and sharing
- Able to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features
- Understanding of what makes a good API for developers and users
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL), or Document stores (NoSQL)
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce.
- Experience with asset pipelines used by other game engines
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.