- Assist artists in capturing media assets for each of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs
- Capture gameplay footage for a variety of different projects
- Act as a runner in multiplayer game capture sessions
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a professional gameplay capture artist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Media, Fine Art, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Advanced understanding of shot composition, lighting, and framing
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Able to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Flexible in learning existing and new capture hardware and software
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Above average skill in gaming
- Professional video editing experience (Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro)
- 3D and/or comping experience with After Effects, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, or similar software
- Game design, modding, or machinima creation in Unity, Unreal, or game engine
- Casual experience with coding/scripting (Lua, Python, etc)
- JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Sharepoint, or task-tracking and documentation software
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of media editing software such as, Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game editors or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal’s Matinee, Source Filmmaker, Unity etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience modding games
- Interest in photography
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Other jobs in Video / Video Editing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.