Pull up a chair and join us!
The Hearthstone team is looking for a best-in-class Lead Producer to join our ranks! We have a tavern full of fun in the works, and we need your help to stay focused, organized, and to improve our pipelines! The ideal candidate is self-directed and has a strong understanding of the development process, excellent communication skills, and a track record of consistently delivering. You will be expected to own and produce a section of the team and evolve how we work while releasing on time with high quality. If that sounds like fun to you, and you love Hearthstone, we should talk!
- Drive delivery of Hearthstone by leading development and coordinating work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Help the team identify and design sustainable solutions that maximize value for our players and improve team efficiency.
- Maintain a high-level lens across multiple teams to ensure consistency and establish best practices to ensure quality results.
- Collaborate with leadership, stakeholders, and partner teams to translate goals into development plans and validate that our schedule aligns with all dependencies.
- Proactively identify gaps and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner.
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success.
- Coach and guide the production team toward defining and achieving their career goals.
- Develop and drive long term strategies and improvements for the wider Hearthstone team
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of Production at Blizzard
- Help maintain the fun and whimsical team vibe
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create structure and order
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle
- Experience building high functioning teams
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and lead multiple complex projects with various groups inside and outside of the team
- At least 10 years of experience as a producer on shipped products
- Good judgment, good understanding of Blizzard and our team’s core values
- Able to give good feedback both on the direction of your team and on the game as a whole
- Actively plays Hearthstone
- JIRA and Confluence expertise
- Experience operating in games as a service
- Experience working with multiple different disciplines: Art, Sound, Engineering, Design
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.