We’re on a quest to bring our dream games to life and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents. Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic MOBA in the world. Our goal as a team isn’t just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
Our team is looking for a talented Assistant Game Director with phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to help guide Heroes of the Storm into the future. You’ll help lead the charge for a highly talented team to continuously strive make the best experience possible.
Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creative designers, and being a true partner to Engineering, Art, Audio and Production is essential. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.Responsibilities
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to set the overall vision and direction for Heroes of the Storm
- Direct the design team in creating epic game experiences
- Maintain an awareness of the state of the game and community feedback to help influence direction and prioritization
- Maintain communication with the community via forum posts, press announcements, interviews, and public appearances
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, and foster a culture of success
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals
- Become a partner in studio level strategy ideation and provide an active voice in resolving global issues
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Heroes
- Has a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience
- Shipped AAA games as a lead game designer, game director, or in a senior development role
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- A love for Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience developing and supporting a live MOBA game
- Experience with Esports
- International game experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.