Some of Blizzard's most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it’s battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the High Heavens from the wrath of Diablo, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec’d into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Create and maintain the patch roadmap for live services in conjunction with game producers and external partners.
- Participate in first line of defense on-call support to triage and coordinate efforts of internal and external parties to help drive live issues to resolution.
- Manage and track development, QA, PTR, and live environments.
- Manage the daily tracking of all reliability engineering tasks so that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly.
- Serve as the key point of contact for all regional operational issues.
- Partner with leadership to help set project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Mentor and grow producers.
- Minimum 5 years in a production role supporting a live game.
- Shipped at least one AAA game in a production role supporting a live service.
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, and design personnel.
- Able to facilitate and communicate with other Blizzard groups (i.e. BONS, Battle.net, platform tech, web, and mobile, etc.).
- Passion for running live game services.
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor of Art or Science in a technical field (or equivalent).
- Experience working with international regions and their respective laws and challenges.
- Passion for games, especially first-person shooters.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.