The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Server Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Services (BGS) Core technologies team!
The Game Services Group develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When a player logs in, sends a friend request, a whisper, or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, Game Services powers these capabilities. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new social group, we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, Game Services is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
- Develop core technologies for building scalable, resilient and highly available platform services
- Ensure continuous improvement of the tools and processes by which Game Services builds, validates, deploys and monitors services around the world
- Engage internal and external development teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives
- Research and implement new technologies and best practices, drive innovation and advancement of core services
- Participate in live operation rotation
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Experience with protocol and API design
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Experience with cloud, virtualization and containerization technologies
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.