Blizzard Entertainment Europe is looking for a local marketing manager to handle the Iberian market. Based in Madrid and reporting to the Director, Territory Marketing, the marketing manager will work in coordination with the Spanish sales, operations and public relations (PR) teams, leading all the local efforts to promote and develop Blizzard brands in Spain and Portugal, while also monitoring the local market and acting as the local expert for Blizzard in the territory.
This is a 6 months fixed term contract set to start in June 2017.
- Adapt and execute on a country basis the marketing plans on all Blizzard titles.
- Relay locally the pan-European media strategy.
- Support and define in sync with the Activision Blizzard sales team the local retail strategy.
- Work closely with trade partners to maximize Blizzard presence at retail.
- Actively lead digital initiatives to increase Blizzard awareness, visibility, and performance in the market.
- Work in partnership with the European marketing team based in France and with local marketing managers in the other European countries.
- Search for new opportunities and devise new strategies for Blizzard brands in the market.
- Promote local initiatives to a European level.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, preferably in a similar industry
- Knowledge of the local video games industry market and retailer landscape
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- High level of autonomy and ability to partner with stakeholders across Europe
- An effective communicator who can work with cross-functional teams, manage complex projects, and produce under tight deadlines
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Willing and able to travel several times per year
- Passion for video games
- Knowledge of the Blizzard games and universes
- Degree in marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of digital marketing
- Fluent in Portuguese
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.