The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day.
The Classic Games team helps take some of Blizzard’s most iconic games to the next level. As part of this team, you will work to create, improve, and simplify the testing process used in developing, building, and delivering Blizzard’s classics. If you thrive in an agile environment and have the desire to constantly improve quality and efficiency, we’d love for you to help us navigate toward a smarter, more efficient future for our classic games.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals.
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution.
- Analyze and understand design and source code to establish test hooks and API testing.
- Design, implement, modify and utilize test harnesses, automated solutions and tests.
- Create and deliver metrics on quality and risk analysis to business partners.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence software quality.
- Transfer knowledge gained through analysis and technical partners with QA teams.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to other SDETS on and off the team.
- 5+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Developer or similar QA Focused role.
- 4+ years coding in a professional environment.
- Practical experience testing/exercising RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets.
- Passion for video games and commitment to quality and sustainable software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools.
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Experience testing on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, console, and mobile.
- Fluency in multiple programming languages. (C++, C#, python, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies.
- Development of HTTP-Based APIs.
- Experience with database platforms and concepts (SQL, NoSQL, ACID, CAP)
- Experience with game software testing.