We are looking for a talented and experienced senior UX designer to help create an epic experience for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality, and we are searching for like-minded developers to join us. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately achieve success by developing epic experiences for our players.
Our ideal senior UX designer will work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to conceptualize, design, and iterate across all gameplay features and systems. You will bring your experience with UX, mobile, and interaction design to ensure everything feels cohesive, intuitive, and easy to use from day one.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify and solve for complex edge cases.
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX.
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions.
- Work closely with artists and visual designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience.
- Iterate and evolve designs based on player feedback.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality.”
- 5+ years working as a UX designer in gaming or interactive design field.
- Experienced designing UX for multiple shipped mobile products.
- Expert knowledge of mobile device and OS specific design patterns (iOS/Android).
- Expert knowledge of UX process and usability design principles.
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles.
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Proficient in multiple design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity based game client.
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions are accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.