Are you an engineer who’d be thrilled to help create top-notch entertainment experiences alongside a team of talented artists and designers? Are you passionate about Blizzard franchises? Then we’d love to hear from you! Our team is working on an unannounced mobile project at Blizzard, and we’re looking for a server-focused software engineer to help us craft and refine its features. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence all aspects of the project, from the overall design to its artistic vision and technology. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on data flow, APIs, and operational performance.
- Communicate with designers and artists to understand and find the fun of new features.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize robust microservices in a client-server network topology.
- Contribute to a server infrastructure that scales efficiently as needed.
- Passion for building reliable systems and committing to quality.
- Desire to grow and refine your experience in a live service content release pipeline.
- Strong ability to collaborate and iterate with designers and fellow engineers.
- Excellent communication skills with developers of all disciplines and skill level.
- A solid background in debugging and troubleshooting.
- Experience working on or supporting codebases with many developers.
- Fluency in C#.
- Game or mobile application development experience.
- Experience developing and supporting microservice/distributed software systems.
- Experience debugging and triaging problems in online systems.
- Experience with Unity development.
- Experience with Android & iOS development.
- Familiarity with C++ development.
- Cover Letter (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.