Blizzard’s In-Game Cinematics team has an opening for a lead cinematic designer to supervise the IGC camera team. This person will be responsible for day to day operations of the IGC cinematic design and previz group.
- Make sure all sequences handled by the IGC camera group are delivered on time and at Blizzard Quality.
- Collaborate with the IGC management team for pipeline, staffing and technology needs of the camera/RTC team.
- Push the look of existing IP cinematics staying aware of the state of the industry and Blizzard’s place in it
- Developing artists to be competitive with modern real time cinematic standards.
- Ability to supervise the creation of compelling cinematic sequences using Blizzard’s proprietary engines with a critical eye for pacing, composition, character performance and camera language.
- 2+ Years Management or leadership experience with a strong emphasis on team building and career development
- Ability to concisely and directly communicate notes to make sure the project director’s vision is being realized.
- Experience working within a creative leadership team that includes production, project directors, tech staff, and senior management.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with the Blizzard IP’s, their engines, and associated lore
- 5+ years professional experience creating cinematic cut scenes for AAA titles
- An in-depth understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, and limitations
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/film
- A working knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Ability to draw and/or storyboard
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.