The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo IV team!
We’re currently looking for an experienced and excited Senior software engineer to join our team as we look to the future! This is a senior-level position and will focus on network communication, player interaction across server boundaries, maintenance, and game feature implementation.
In addition to having the usual technical chops, we want to hear from qualified engineers who have an absolute passion for gaming, programming, and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Implement new features related to the online aspects of Diablo IV.
- Assist with deployment of Diablo services to development environments, and eventually to live environments.
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Be a mentor for junior engineers on the team.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
- Experience with implementing client / server architecture
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base
- Experience with multithreaded applications
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for games
- Prior development work on client / server game systems
- Distributed systems / scalable server architecture experience
- Previous experience with shipping game titles or other software
- Linux development experience
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP and higher level protocols
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.