We, the engineers of the Battle.net & Online Products Applications Group, are looking for a passionate senior software engineer to join our applications server team. Our team crafts exciting content and social experiences including game News, friends, chat, groups and personalization. These experiences are delivered multi-platform, including our Blizzard web sites and inside of our Battle.net Desktop and Mobile applications. Our applications are used by millions of gamers around the world, an epic destination where players and spectators alike can catch up on the latest news, current and upcoming events, live streams, connect and chat with friends, and much more.
Our ideal candidate enjoys teaming up with designers, program managers, and fellow engineers to build intuitive, efficient, maintainable and highly polished experiences. We have ambitious plans to evolve our applications and news sites, and everyone on the team can help shape the future of the tech, features, and design. The web application servers that power our user applications are built using primarily Java.
Do you love empowering amazing web, mobile, and desktop applications? Are you excited at the prospect of enabling epic experiences to delight our players? How about scaling our online properties to be used on any device, anytime, and anywhere? If that sounds like the quest you’re looking for and if you love working with an incredible team, come join our family!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our web content or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
This position is based in our Irvine, California office location.
- Passion for delivering amazing features
- Java expertise with a minimum of 7 years’ professional experience
- Experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to client applications
- Familiarity with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience creating and operating high scale server infrastructure
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Docker, NGINX, or OAuth
- Experience with public cloud providers and cloud architectural patterns
- Familiarity with security standards
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, DOM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!