The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As a Software Engineer on the Austin-based Mobile Services team, you will join a great group of veteran developers to be part of the growth and evolution of our mobile platform; powering features such as push notifications, telemetry, and player attribution.
- Convert complex requirements into elegant working software
- Collaborate with other engineers, often remotely, to solve problems
- Create high-quality production code with automated tests
- Architect, implement and maintain new and existing services
- Champion quality and process improvements
- 5+ years building scalable server applications
- Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great at working on a team
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Familiar with RESTful design principles and microservice architectural patterns
- Accustomed to maintaining a live service
- Understanding of general networking security concerns, TLS, OAuth2, OWASP, etc.
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle, or Jenkins.
- Experience building applications using Spring Boot
- Mobile development, notifications
- Data Modelling and SQL database expertise
- Experience with asynchronous programming methodologies such as Futures, Promises, and Reactive
- Experience with Docker