We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Marketing director to join Activision Blizzard Japan Ltd. Thrive in a challenging, creative environment and grow with a strong and supportive team who are committed to excellence at every level.
The marketing director will closely work with the Japan managing director and global marketing management to build consumer insistence for key Blizzard and Activision franchises, including StarCraft, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch and Call of Duty while maximizing long-term profit for the brand.
- Devise annual marketing strategy for Activision Blizzard Japan and its products in Japan.
- Determine key objectives and strategies.
- Build an annual marketing plan and financial targets and Manage variables of the marketing mix to maximize profit.
- Communicate plan and achieve sign-off with Activision Blizzard Japan managing director and global marketing management.
- Manage the creative process to formulate innovative and successful marketing campaigns.
- Write effective creative briefs that capture the essence of the marketing challenge and identify the objectives of the campaign.
- Manage creative agencies to deliver high-quality campaigns on time and on budget.
- Work with headquarters creative and marketing team to ensure that creative campaigns fit into the overall Marketing communication strategy.
- Internal and external team leadership.
- Lead, develop, and supervise marketing and sales team to execute against plans.
- Identify and develop strategic marketing relationships.
- Prepare and deliver product overview and business review presentations for management.
- Coordinate marketing materials and assist partners in obtaining timely approvals, assets through effective communication with headquarters and the development studio.
- Identify internal and external sources of market knowledge (research companies, internal databases, internet, personal networking).
- Produce regular in-depth market analysis/intelligence/brand health and similar reports for management review.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpolate analysis into the strategic and tactical decision-making process
- BA degree in Marketing/ Sales or related field is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and deadlines
- Proactive working style: take initiatives to improve the process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion
- Strong analytical skills (Data-Driven Marketing capacity required)
- Proven leadership and management skills to effectively lead a team to maximize its contribution to the business.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills in English. Ability to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly.
- 8+ years of brand management experience at leading consumer products companies or gaming companies with a minimum of 5 years at supervisory/senior management level
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing brand/product strategies are preferred
- Some travel required
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation