The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a Test Analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences in the arena.Responsibilities
- Utilize advanced testing methodologies to deliver test design, test execution, test library maintanence, and test closure strategies
- Analyze & monitor the software development processes and methods used to ensure quality
- Ensure requirements and risks are continually either mitigated or accepted throughout the SDLC
- Enhance live operations and deployment stability, across both internal and production environments
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Propose and influence new measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; utilizing established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, Unity, Unreal, as well as other proprietary game development toolsets
- Be an expert in one or more software testing methodologies
- Practical knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, & SQLServer
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for games and software quality
- Technical Requirement testing experience for console & mobile platforms
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL) or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!