Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, Blizzard Cloud is looking for an experienced software engineering manager to lead a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our cloud platform. You are a highly motivated leader that loves to build great products and inspire and develop great teams. You will delight our customers and partners and take our hybrid-cloud platform to the next level.
You will collaborate with other engineers and leaders in the cloud program, as well as across Blizzard to coordinate strategy and execution of cloud program initiatives. This includes the cloud software products your team is charged with building. These products enable cloud customer visibility, operational insight and capacity management. The team also owns products which helped Blizzard scale and grow its beloved franchises over the last 2 decades. These require modernization and streamlining. If you are excited about building modern, robust platforms and services, read on and apply today!
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of 4-6 engineers
- Lead and maintain adoption of world-class software development practices
- Collaborate with customers, product owners and program managers to deliver product features on-time and to specification
- 7+ years of Software development experience
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Experience working with Go, C++
- Detailed understanding of the software development life-cycle from requirements gathering to deployment and maintenance
- Expert-level skills in Linux
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience working with Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with cloud computing (Openstack, AWS, GCP) as customer or provider
- Experience working with and/or developing globally distributed systems
- Experience with container orchestration solutions such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for games and online gaming platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.