Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…animators? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Animator who shares our values.
Norman McLaren famously said, “animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn.” Our character animators readily agree. Done right, movement communicates a character’s purpose, thoughts, and emotions. Consider the graceful yet deadly dance of a demon hunter, pirouetting through the hordes of hell, or the belly-busting laughter from a drunken dwarf as he topples from his stool. Despite wildly different personalities, each character and their story are brought to life through the imagination and skills of a talented animator.
An animator like you…Your skills as an artist, technician, and gamer will drive you forward into the thick of development. Exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques will drive the creative engine that will bring a bevy of new heroes, villains, and creatures to life. Your technical skills and ability to problem solve will come in handy as you work closely with gameplay engineers to develop the technology that powers your creations. As a gamer you’ll have a very close relationship with the game designers where you’ll create a perfect marriage of design and animation, resulting in a truly phenomenal game play experience.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Develop, maintain and create animations for real time game assets.
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay prototypes.
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character animator
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Outstanding 2D animation skills
- Cinematic or television animation experience
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para firstname.lastname@example.org. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.