The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We are looking for a senior technical leader with proven experience leading teams of engineers to design, build, maintain and operate global, distributed, and critical technology platforms.
As the Group Technical Manager, you will be responsible for setting technical vision and building and managing a team of highly effective engineers that can deliver on that vision. The team will include individual contributors, technical leads and architects - all focused on creating and constantly improving one of the world's top online game platforms. You will also partner with program management to help prioritize building the best features our players crave. Game Service is a critical, foundational piece of every game on the Blizzard platform, and this is an opportunity to have a huge positive impact for our games and our players.
- Develop the technology plan and oversee all technical design and development on the team.
- Work together with Program Management, Technical Leads, Technical Managers of other departments, and Technical Directors across Blizzard to build Blizzard's Game Services platform.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers, technical leads and architects.
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving platform quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment.
- Serve as an active partner in driving Blizzard Entertainment’s technology and platform vision.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of current and future products.
- Maintain familiarity with Blizzard’s current game and system designs, as well as other gaming platforms and emerging technologies and services across the game industry.
- Overall ownership of the operation, reliability and availability of mission critical production systems.
- Technical, managerial, and leadership skills at the technical director, lead software engineer or technical lead level.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in game, server or platform engineering, preferably with strong experience building and supporting highly available distributed systems.
- Strong ability to partner with leadership from the larger development organization including engineering, program management, IT, QA, and others.
- Strong engineering skills and a proven aptitude for technical design.
- C++ / JAVA proficiency and familiarity with multiple other programming languages.
- Knowledge of common enterprise patterns for Data Warehousing and Gateways.
- Experience with Transactional, NOSQL, and distributed in-memory persistence technology.
- Operational excellence with testing, security and operational considerations as a part of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting large distributed systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent degree or experience.
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para firstname.lastname@example.org. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.