Coordinator, Programming, Call of Duty League (Temp)Los Angeles, CA
Please note: This is a temporary position.
Activision Blizzard Esports is responsible for the development and operation of premier Activision Blizzard professional gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty® World League, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. Launched in 2017, the Overwatch League is the world’s first major global esports league with city-based teams, with 20 clubs across Asia, Europe, and North
America. In 2020, the Call of Duty League will launch with five vs. five city-based team play featuring Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. It is ABE’s vision to be the most innovative, scalable, and valuable developer of global competitive entertainment.
We are seeking a Coordinator, Programming to support the original content and development process for Activision Blizzard Esports initiatives. You’ll provide a range of support to the Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) team and must be capable of maintaining organized workflows, content schedules, platform management, and development tracking. You should have a passion for esports and storytelling and be ready to share that excitement with our audience through engaging content of the highest quality. As a member of the ABE team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Provide organizational and administrative support to Call of Duty League programming
- Maintain ABE’s programming database, content schedule as well as development and production calendars
- Work across multiple departments to manage and maintain a master editorial content calendar
- Maintain master production and programming calendar including shoulder, broadcast and social content
- Manage content platforms and enforce content guidelines and copyright claims
- Work cross-departmentally with social media, marketing and editorial teams to establish workflows, build best-practices and coordinate content distribution
- Support the coordinating of talent schedule for broadcast and content production
- Connect with post-production teams on tracking and delivery of content
- Communicate and share information with partners and other stakeholders across Activision Blizzard
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, including media coverage of gaming, esports, and traditional sports
- Provide clear and accountable updates to executive management related to esports programming objectives, development plans, and status to executives, internal stakeholders, and business partners
- Coordinate with the Sales and Integrated Marketing departments to fulfill sponsorships according to the specifications and expectations requested by the client
- Serve as liaison between the Programming and Production teams coordinating scheduling, distribution, promotion, and overall information flow
- Bachelor’s Degree in media, communication, related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years supporting TV, digital video or film development and/or production
- Knowledge of TV and Digital Media industry, including non-scripted formats as well as development and production workflows
- Knowledgeable in gaming and esports
- Detail-oriented, proactive and thrives in a fast-paced working environment
- Highly organized, with developed research skills and capable of multitasking under pressure
- Proven experience interacting with executives, talent and creatives
- Excellent writing skills
- Exposure to large scale event production such as concerts or sporting events
- Direct experience in gaming/esports or traditional sports media
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.