Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Software Engineer, Gameplay to design and architect compelling gameplay systems for an unannounced project. As a Sr. Software Engineer focused on gameplay, you will champion Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a small team of designers, engineers, and artists responsible for defining the core elements of this exciting new project.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on gameplay aspects of core combat in modern 1st/3rd person AAA titles. By blending your mastery of programming with a critical eye for design, you will help architect and implement an epic gameplay experience. Our incubation teams are fast paced and mission critical. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology, and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other gameplay engineers to design, prototype, and implement compelling gameplay experiences.
- Build and enhance underlying game systems that support correctness, performance, and flexibility.
- Own systems vertically from the backend to the player-facing UX.
- Prototype and integrate cutting-edge technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the team to design and build sustainable, fast, and maintainable technology.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Strong, proven programming skills in C++.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Ability to design and implement systems and APIs used by other programmers.
- Comfortable with extending and improving an established code base.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- A minimum of five years of experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with Blizzard games.
- Embedded or console development experience.
- Experience working on combat systems for 1st/3rd person AAA titles
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Experience with multiple game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.).
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Deep experience with Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para email@example.com. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.