Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing desktop support specialist to join the Activision Blizzard League IT Events team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers The Overwatch League and Call of Duty Esports across US and Global locations.
Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences at every event. As a Desktop Support Specialist in this role, you will be deploying and managing stage systems, including PCs and Sony Playstations onsite at each venue and helping support the main event, working closely with Production and the League to deliver high quality shows. Excellent troubleshooting skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical.
- Provide on-site support to end users on a variety of IT desktop & IT operational related issues
- Identify, research, and resolve technical and logistical issues during setup and execution of an event
- Provide IT stage support for our various esports programs which include stage, observers, etc
- Front line support for technical issues during event execution
- Ability to evaluate event objectives and scope to establish proper technical requirements to support
- Travel to event locations to ensure flawless execution, both domestic and international when applicable
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Ability to manage and work in conjunction with 3rd party outsource staff
- Receives and works escalated issues from other desktop staff and/or manager
- Manage ticket requests and follow-up with users
- Manage and administrator current and next generation consoles (Playstation, Xbox)
- Install and maintain Windows and Mac operating systems (OS)
- Troubleshoot various types of PC, laptop, or mobile/tablet devices
- Pack and palletize hardware to ship to and from events
- Inventory tracking when receiving and shipping hardware to and from events
- Work with applicable ticketing or work tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, or Service Now.
- Work remotely with management and be communicative
- Extensive hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
- Strong experience supporting a variety of software, (Adobe CC, Microsoft Office 365, Cisco AnyConnect, System Drivers)
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows 7, 10 and Apple OSX. Experience with Windows Server technologies a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of PSN and Xbox Live network
- Intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Intermediate knowledge of imaging solution software Fog/MDT (Image creation and deployment, multiple images)
- Customer Service
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
- Reliability and dependability
- "Can do" attitude
- Self-managed / Self Starter
- Team Player
- Experience working with SPRINT and Agile methods
- Flex working schedules, (Can include evenings and weekends)
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability (and willingness) to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks/projects
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation
- Works well under pressure
- Outstanding attendance and schedule adherence
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Work overtime
- Able to commute to local events as needed
- Passion for gaming
- Experience running Esports events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para firstname.lastname@example.org. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.