Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) are responsible for the development and operation of premier Activision Blizzard professional gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty® League, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. ABE aspires to achieve things that have never been done before. Our vision is to ignite a shift in sports entertainment by re-imagining what modern esports can be.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager to help drive the successful over-achievement of that vision. The Senior HR Manager will collaboratively partner with ABE, HR and a mix of other departments to embrace the ABE function, understand its business needs, and deliver upon its strategic aspiration. The focus of this role is to assess, coach and influence the business as we scale and evolve. You will build trusting partnerships across our teams and be sought out for your objectivity and insight. The Senior HR Manager will drive the ABE people and talent agenda to build an organization that is fit-for-purpose, nimble, scalable and high performing.
- Provide strategic HR partnership to the leaders of ABE with a focus on organizational effectiveness, talent engagement, and change management.
- Develop trusted relationships across ABE through strong execution of HR services and coaching.
- Serve as a talent partner to the team by building encouraging and creative HR programs to suit the team's initiatives.
- Enthusiastically identify problem areas and propose solutions, both within ABE and within HR resulting in increased effectiveness.
- Leverage resources including partnerships with Talent Acquisition and Organizational Development to build and grow teams effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with centers of excellence and support staff to ensure HR transactional needs are met for the teams you support.
- Accountability for talent planning and succession, and execution upon an approved human capital plan.
- Coach managers on feedback, resolving conflicts, improving team effectiveness, and driving change.
- Coordinate performance and reward processes including merit increases and profit sharing.
- A minimum of 8 years dynamic HR business partner / talent partner experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Comfort with ambiguity; strong judgment and ability to make well-informed decisions – displaying both high IQ and EQ.
- Demonstrated track record leading and delivering high-quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees.
- Leads with courage of conviction and integrity: owns mistakes and displays humility and resiliency, especially in difficult situations
- Does not tolerate the status quo.
- Comfortable and experienced presenting to executives.
- Superior interpersonal, decision-making and communications skills.
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an ambitious mindset.
- Transformation and change management experience.
- Talent for diplomatic, unbiased communication, both written and verbal.
- Has a proven ability to attract and develop talent, both within HR and assigned client groups.
- High degree of business insight and results orientation.
- Creative problem solving/process improvement mindset – contribute ideas for making things more efficient and/or higher quality.
Year one success looks like
- Steer and guide ABE executive team to lead with greater cohesiveness and effectiveness, thereby instilling trust in an engaged workforce who are proud to represent ABE.
- Strong partnership with the ABE Leadership Team and Talent Acquisition teams in support of the Overwatch League™ (OWL) and the Call of Duty® League (CDL) teams’ staffing, planning and execution of the home and away model (homestands) for 2020.
- Coach, mentor and develop your two direct reports to have the ability to confidently support you as your right-hand in delivering the ABE HR and people agenda.
- Identify key talent engagement drivers and partner with Talent Acquisition and Organizational Development on how to better attract, develop, and engage talent in HR and ABE.
- Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) in related fields.
- Knowledge and passion for Activision Blizzard video games or esports.
- Experience in a start-up environment, professional sports, esports, gaming, digital, technology or broadcast.
- People manager experience.
- Cover Letter which should include:
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para firstname.lastname@example.org. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.