Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate, smart, and driven individual to head business operations for Overwatch. The director of business operations will be a member of the Overwatch leadership team and will be responsible for helping to guide the future business direction. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in the games industry, and a successful track record of supporting AAA products.
- Own the vision for Overwatch business strategies which complement the product strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional commercial and development leadership to build, execute and assess cohesive franchise strategies.
- Assess challenges, develop solutions, evaluate their potential, and help to implement and evaluate big-game changing initiatives related to the business of Overwatch.
- Apply rigor and creativity to business design and decisions.
- Act as liaison between the Overwatch development team and functional project owners in finance, marketing, public relations (PR), community, and other publishing areas.
- Take point on Overwatch business communications with the international teams, and maintain oversight of all international publishing efforts in support of content releases and ongoing activities.
- Lead dev team efforts in working with business intelligence, finance, and marketing to monitor the health of the Overwatch business.
- Layer expert analysis and insight on top of data to support decision making.
- Prepare and present business materials to executive stakeholders.
- Work with the international Legal teams to ensure the appropriate legal evaluation of Overwatch development
- Lead efforts in working with Corporate Alliances on strategic partnerships and promotions for the Overwatch brand
- Partner closely with the Executive Producer and key leadership in other franchise components – consumer products, other media, the Overwatch League – to identify, assess and build out new business opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior business role supporting AAA products
- Strategy development experience at the franchise level
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups. Specifically, the ability to work closely with creative teams based on a deep familiarity with iterative development processes is extremely valuable in this role.
- Passion for Blizzard Games
- International travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working with international teams
- Masters of business administration degree from a leading business school or a relevant graduate degree that provides expertise towards business operations.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with cover letters will be considered.
Outras vagas em Operations
A Blizzard Entertainment é um empregador em favor oportunidades iguais. Assim sendo, é nossa política preencher vagas com candidatos qualificados, independente da raça, cor, sexo, idade, religião, ascendência, nação de origem, status de cidadania, estado civil, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, informação genética, deficiência, gravidez, status militar, de veterano ou qualquer outro grupo com o qual o mesmo ou mesma se identifique.
Pedidos de acomodação: Nós nos comprometemos a prover assistências cabíveis e a trabalhar com indivíduos com necessidades especiais, físicas e/ou mentais. Caso tenha necessidades especiais e deseje solicitar uma acomodação para se candidatar a uma vaga aberta, envie sua solicitação por email para firstname.lastname@example.org. Questionamentos gerais sobre a vaga não serão considerados nem processados nesse contato. Agradecemos o interesse.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.