Travel Back in Time to a World of Warcraft before the Mists of Pandaria parted, and before Deathwing broke the world. When Blackrock Mountain, the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj, and the floating citadel of Naxxramas were the most difficult challenges in Azeroth.
The World of Warcraft team is working on bringing that world back to our players with Classic WoW, and we need engineers to help us bring the past into the present.
Responsibilities include building gameplay systems, transforming database data, building UI elements, repackaging binary distributions, and working closely with designers to revive the classic game elements.
The ideal candidate has a passion for World of Warcraft, is unafraid of stepping into unfamiliar systems, has a strong understanding of C++, and previous experience with Oracle, Lua, or both.
- Fluent in C / C++
- Fluent with World of Warcraft game content and systems
- A minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Fluent in high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with developing UI modifications for World of Warcraft
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Why you’re interested in Classic WoW
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Aviso a recrutadores e agências de vagas: não aceitamos currículos que não tenham sido solicitados. Não enviem currículos pelo nosso site nem por nenhum dos nossos funcionários. Não pagaremos taxas a nenhuma agência, firma ou recrutador terceirizado sem um contrato de mútuo acordo assinado e nem nos responsabilizamos por taxas de agência relacionadas a currículos não solicitados. Os currículos que não tenham sido solicitados serão considerados de nossa propriedade e serão processados de acordo com as nossas normas.