Pull up a chair and join us! We're seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. You will have a passion for implementing new features for the Hearthstone service as well as the willingness to support those features once they go live to our passionate player base. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Work closely with designers, other specialists, and artists to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a phenomenal player experience.
- Implement the logic (client and server-side) for various features (non-gameplay):
- Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
- Arena Drafting
- New Game Modes
- Adventures and Rewards
- Card Collection Manager
- Implement the client-side UI for non-gameplay features within the Unity framework.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience coding in a professional environment.
- Strong C++ and / or C# programming skills.
- Experience with implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment.
- Experience with storing and retrieving information from a relational Database (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other specialists.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Database development experience (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
- Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.).
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.