Pull up a chair and join us by the Hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Game Director who has phenomenal communication skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, a C’Thun card and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead Hearthstone into the future. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, you’ll be leading the charge for a highly talented team to continuously strive to make the game the best experience as possible. Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creative designers, and being a true partner to Engineering, Art, Audio and Production is essential. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be the vision holder for Hearthstone, setting the overall vision and direction for the game.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production, art, technical, and business directors to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Interact with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Partner with company leadership to align on goals and make sure all perspectives are represented.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Hearthstone.
- A minimum of 5 years leading or directing video game development.
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to guide and inspire an industry leading development team.
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: engineering, art, design, audio, and production.
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization.
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.