Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the International West Emerging Markets team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational roadmaps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing a return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an outgoing, energetic, and highly self-motivated Community Manager to interact with our players in the Middle East and Africa regions, whilst also developing community networks and initiatives. This role will strengthen relationships with franchise content creators, talent, thought leaders, organizers, and advocates through outreach, ongoing programs, and collaborations.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for people and networking, and knowledge of gaming, user generated content, streaming, and the world of social media influence. They would also have a proven track record of launching relationship programs, and recruit key community members as participants in events and activations to support the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Oversee and participate in identification, building, and maintaining relationships with creators, talent, community leaders, and advocates in MEA region
- Act as the point of contact for potential and existing relationships with community members and partners
- Communicate regularly to keep these community members appraised of upcoming features, events, and opportunities.
- Be accessible and responsive to external inquiries
- Manage a database of key relationships and ensure collaboration for community members in all of Blizzard’s franchises
- Propose and drive new programs and meaningful innovation or refinements to existing programs across all franchises
- Curate and help with the promotion of community content across multiple channels.
- Propose and then execute content collaborations and partnerships
- Work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders to integrate key community individuals into campaigns
- Independently manage Blizzard hosted events/summits or maintain strong presence in partner and esports events
- Measure, monitor, report and provide meaningful feedback on influencer sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Measure, monitor, and report on specific program performance and longer-term trends as well as other industries related to influencer efforts
- Additional projects and other duties as assigned
- Generate creative, high-quality editorial content
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, talent management, entertainment, events, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with customer facing communications and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic & English
- Genuinely passionate and enthusiastic about the Blizzard games and its community
- Experience pulling data and interpreting it to find insights and takeaways as well as trends related to content types, channels etc
- Understand the current state of the communications, social media and consumer trends in MEA region and leverage them to promote each of our individual franchises.
- Able to travel, including international
- Existing relationships within the gaming communities
- Advanced degrees in Communication or related field
- Staff experience on a video game website, fan site, or producing game-related video content
- Avid social media user who is always experimenting with the next social platforms and trends
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.