Blizzard Esports is seeking an Associate Content Manager to support its Hearthstone Esports programs online and across all social channels. This person will be responsible for creating and publishing content to Blizzard Esports O&O and social accounts. This person will also work cross-departmentally, strategically allocating time to support all Blizzard Esports brands through thoughtful content generation and event coverage. This role will help develop our brands online, grow our esports social channels, and increase content reach and engagement with our esports programs.
The ideal candidate will have a background in publishing and social media, and a proficiency in Hearthstone. This Associate Content Manager will be an experienced contributor passionate about esports social media, innovative brand communication, the gaming industry, and player communities. The Assoc. Content Manager will be driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with experience in community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry. Please note that this position will be required to work some nights and weekends and some travel will be required. This is a temporary position based in Irvine, California.
- Plan, write, and post content to Blizzard Esports social accounts (Hearthstone).
- Write, edit, and post content for big events and news announcements—including CMS publishing, LOC submission, and tracking.
- Manage process for posting esports content in conjunction with the BatteNet launcher team.
- Coordinate with PR and marketing on other franchise efforts.
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to accommodate for special event coverage.
- Maintain a calendar of events to track social, event, and announcement comms and content.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels.
- Optimize esports social media efforts to maximize campaign success.
- Provide on-going engagement and listening support to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities.
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management.
- Support team knowledge and innovation within social media.
- Act as liaison between game development team and player community.
- Work with internal creative teams to drive the creation of graphics, video, and copy to support current marketing goals across community and competitive programs.
- Partner with internal game teams to identify and drive cross-promotion opportunities across multiple franchises.
- Plan and facilitate paid social campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing social media channels and content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of current social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Hearthstone.
- Ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working across multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad experience and knowledge of marketing communications practices, from copywriting to brand identity.
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube certified).
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Experience playing and/or watching esports.
- Experience growing social media channels.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- What games you are currently playing.
- Portfolio or an example of a publicly available social media campaign you’ve managed.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 firstname.lastname@example.org으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.